Tobacco Retail License
Pursuant to Scotts Valley Municipal Code Chapter 5.22 (City of Scotts Valley Ordinance Number 188), adopted on December 16, 2015, all tobacco retailers must obtain and maintain a valid local tobacco retailer's license (TRL) in order to sell tobacco products. This license is required in addition to the California State Board of equalization Tobacco Retailer's License. There is no fee to obtain this license.
Return the completed and signed application to:
Scotts Valley Police Department
Attn: TRL Application Processing
1 Civic Center Drive
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
For questions regarding the TRL application and permit requirements, please contact the Scotts Valley Police Department at 831-440-5670.
- How does a Tobacco Retailer License (TRL) work?
- Am I a tobacco retailer?
- What are tobacco products?
- What is tobacco paraphernalia?
- What is a significant tobacco retailer?
- What is the minimum sale age for tobacco products?
- I already have a state tobacco license issued by the California State Board of Equalization. Why do I need a tobacco license from the City?
- What does the City’s tobacco license require?
- How much is the license?
- How long is the license effective?
- When must I re-apply for a license?
- Is my Tobacco Retail License transferable if I sell my business or pass it down to a family member?
- Can I sell tobacco from a mobile location such as a truck or car?
- Will there be inspections?
- What will happen if I am cited for a license violation during an inspection?
- What if I no longer want to sell tobacco products?