A Presidential General Election will be held in the City of Scotts Valley on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, for the following:
- Three (3) City Council Member seats – with a four-year (4) term to expire in November 2024.
- Due to COVID-19, and in compliance with Governor Newsom’s Executive Orders N-64-20 and N-67-20, California elections officials will mail a ballot to all registered voters in early October. In addition, voter service centers will be established and open Saturday, October 31, 2020 through Tuesday, November 3, 2020 as follows: 9 am to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday; 8 am to 5 pm on Monday; and 7 am to 8 pm on Tuesday.
- The Candidate nomination period is July 13 to August 7, 2020*.
- *August 12 will be the extended deadline should an incumbent Council Member fail to file for re-election)
- Candidate nomination papers will be available beginning July 13, 2020. The City Offices are currently closed. To pull and submit nominations papers you will need to make an appointment with Scotts Valley City Clerk Tracy Ferrara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-440-5600. Nomination papers are issued and filed with the Scotts Valley City Clerk.**
Additional information regarding the November 3, 2020 election can be found by visiting the Santa Cruz County Elections Department on the Votes Count website.
**The following fillable forms must be submitted with completed nomination papers: