Since restaurants have been identified as an "Essential Business" during the "Shelter in Place" order, many of our great local businesses are open for dine-in, take-out and/or delivery and are in need of our support.
If your restaurant is looking to open dine-in services, you must follow county and state guidelines. A Checklist to reopen can be found here.
County Guidelines can be found here.
State Guidelines can be found here.
If you’re one of the folks who has well-stocked shelves at home, consider buying a gift-certificate, they don’t expire and can give businesses the boost they need right now. For some more ideas on how to responsibly support local business here’s a quick link and some helpful tips:
- If you are ordering food via UberEats or DoorDash, choose a local business! UberEats is waiving delivery fees for independent local businesses.
- See the Scotts Valley Chamber of Commerce’s list of open restaurants with food available for dine-in, delivery or take-out.
- When ordering takeout or delivery tip the same amount as you would dining in - Let’s support our local workers!
- When dining in, remember to stay 6ft apart from other customers, wear a mask unless eating or drinking, take extra precautions to wash your hands before and after your meal. Sitting outdoors could reduce your risk to exposure.
- To limit physical interactions with others:
- Pay by credit card over the phone INCLUDING your tip.
- Ask delivery drivers drop-off your food at your door and retrieve your food after they leave.
- Wash your hands before and after retrieving your delivery item
- For an abundance of caution, empty the food in the delivery containers into your own dishes and dispose of the restaurant containers.
- Use your own utensils.