Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Scotts Valley Police Department is accepting applications for Police Sergeant. The process for applying for this position is outlined below. Applications are kept on file at the department for a period of one year. Potential applicants will be contacted during that one year period if a position becomes available.
- Thoroughly read the Sergeant Recruitment Flyer. The flyer includes salary and benefits information, minimum qualifications, and pre-employment drug policy. Thoroughly read the Class Specification for the position as well.
- Vision requirements may be an issue. Please read our Visions Standards.
- Fill out the City Employment Application Form and submit it electronically via email to email@example.com. It may also be mailed or dropped off at the Scotts Valley Police Department at 1 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066.
- Police Sergeant applicants are required to be currently employed by a law enforcement agency and must possess a current Basic POST Certificate.
- Applicants are also required to complete and submit with their application a Personal History Statement (PHS) – Peace Officer at the following link: https://post.ca.gov/portals/0/post_docs/publications/2-251-phsPeaceOfficers.pdf
- After the application is processed, a detective will contact you to arrange a pre-screen interview.
- Candidates who pass the pre-screen interview will be scheduled for an Oral Board (Panel) Interview.
- Top candidates will be selected for a background investigation in accordance with the POST Commission and Background Investigations Manual. Candidates will also be required to successfully complete, to the satisfaction of this department, a polygraph test administered by a licensed polygrapher, a psychological exam given by a City selected psychologist and a medical exam by a City selected physician (to include a back X-ray and general physical examination). In addition to the qualifications noted above, suitability for employment will also be based on the following POST job dimensions: moral character, handling stress and adversity, work habits, interactions with others and intellectually based abilities.
- The final step before hiring is a Chief’s Interview.