- Police Department
- Employment Opportunities
- Police Officer Entry Level
Police Officer Entry Level
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Scotts Valley Police Department is currently accepting applications for Police Officer / Entry Level until the position is filled. The process for applying for this position is outlined below. Applications are kept on file at the department for a period of one year. Potential applicants will be contacted during that one year period if a position becomes available.
- Thoroughly read the Police Officer Entry Level Recruitment Flyer. The flyer includes salary and benefits information, minimum qualifications, application testing process (including where to get the POST Entrance Assessment completed), and pre-employment drug policy. Thoroughly read the Class Specification for the position as well.
- Vision requirements may be an issue. Please read our Visions Standards.
- Fill out the City Employment Application Form and submit it electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It may also be mailed or dropped off at the Scotts Valley Police Department at 1 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066.
- Entry Level applicants are required to complete the POST Entrance Assessment Written and Physical tests and submit certificates of completion with their application. The written and physical test results are valid for 1 year from the date of submission to SVPD. Tests may be scheduled through www.theacademy.ca.gov. Please read the Application and Testing Process section of the flyer for minimum score requirements and test locations.
- Entry Level applicants are also required to complete and submit with their application a Personal History Statement (PHS) – Peace Officer at the following link: https://post.ca.gov/portals/0/post_docs/publications/2-251-phsPeaceOfficers.pdf
- After the complete application package is processed, a detective will contact you pending approval of your application to schedule an Oral Board (Panel) Interview.
- Top candidates will be selected for a background investigation in accordance with the POST Commission and Background Investigations Manual. Candidates will also be required to successfully complete, to the satisfaction of this department, a polygraph test administered by a licensed polygrapher, a psychological exam given by a City selected psychologist and a medical exam by a City selected physician (to include a back X-ray and general physical examination). In addition to the qualifications noted above, suitability for employment will also be based on the following POST job dimensions: moral character, handling stress and adversity, work habits, interactions with others and intellectually based abilities.
- The final step before hiring is a Chief’s Interview